The online graduate program in Rehabilitation Counseling is a 20-course, 60-credit program that can be completed over 8 semesters in less than 3 years. Upon completion, students will be awarded a Master of Arts in Rehabilitation Counseling, and will be eligible to sit for the CRC exam.
Program Features & Benefits:
- It is one of only a few ONLINE degrees offered by a top-ranked Rehabilitation Counseling graduate program in the northeastern region of the United States.
- Student-centered approach emphasizes ongoing communication, convenience, academic excellence, and interaction with professors, administrators, and professionals.
- IT dedicated support is available and responsive to student needs.
- Faculty have interest, investment, and experience in teaching online courses.
- Program is primarily asynchronous, and allows students to learn at their own convenience each week.
- Multiple learning modalities: online, experiential, practice, team
- Outcomes-based learning: practical application of knowledge and career preparation
- Curriculum designed to national standards with input from professionals in the field
- Program is ranked among the top Rehabilitation Counseling graduate programs in New England and the nation by U.S. News.
- We have provided continuing education and professional development training to literally thousands of practicing VR counselors and other public VR staff, and have prepared qualified Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors since 1968.
- We have prepared qualified Rehabilitation Counselors to work with individuals with a broad range of disabilities in diverse work settings.
- Program is fully accredited by the Council on Rehabilitation Education (CORE).
Admissions standards are identical to our traditional on-campus graduate program in Rehabilitation Counseling. An undergraduate degree in biological or social sciences and/or work experience in rehabilitation or human services is strongly recommended. GRE’s are not required, but demonstrated academic success as reflected by GPA, and academic and professional recommendations are important acceptance factors.
View upcoming application deadlines.
The Brightspace instructional software program is the platform for our online program delivery. Students must have ready access to a personal computer, Internet access and basic computer literacy skills in order to enroll in the online program. In addition, students must feel comfortable with the unique features and methodologies associated with distance learning.
Summer On-Campus Residency Requirement
One 5-day on-campus session will take place during each of two summer semesters. Students will stay on campus in fully-furnished, 2 bedroom apartments at the Living and Learning Center.
Students may qualify for Stafford Loans. A limited number of RSA grant-funded scholarships will be made available for qualified students.
Course Schedule* 2017 to 2020
Rehabilitation Counseling Online Course Schedules* for 2017 - 2020
* Course schedule and dates are subject to change
For more information, contact:
Robert C. Bureau, M.Ed., CAGS, CCFE
Director of Distance Learning for Graduate Studies
Faculty, Rehabilitation Counseling Graduate Program
Assumption College, Founders Hall - Room 103
500 Salisbury St., Worcester, MA 01609
508.767.7163 Fax: 508.438.9815