View upcoming application deadlines.
The administration and faculty of the School Counseling program at The Graduate School extend you a warm welcome. The profession is in the process of a profound transformation in theory and practice. We offer an innovative integrated curriculum to prepare you to take part in this exciting new professional identity.
The Graduate School at Assumption College offers many unique advantages to help advance your career as a school counselor:
- An approved program by the Massachusetts Department of Education to license school guidance counselors (Initial Licensure Pre K–8 or 5-12)
- Experienced faculty committed to integration of theory and practical application
- Class schedules with flexibility that meet the needs of both full- and part-time students
- Innovative pre-practicum and practicum placements in urban and suburban school districts
- Faculty with extensive school and counseling experience
- Curriculum that addresses national and state models—School Counseling for the 21st Century
- Creative learning partnerships with professional school counselors through our Institute for School Counseling and School Psychology
- A strong emphasis on counseling in the applied school setting, plus an integration of public policy, leadership, child advocacy, and social justice curriculum
- Competitively priced tuition
As a graduate of our program, you will be fully prepared to become a leader in helping students to achieve, as you meet the challenges of contemporary school settings.
For additional information or if you require further assistance please contact me.
Susan M. Cahill, Assistant Director of Graduate Recruitment